the dhp for students
What would it be like to do a full semester of academic credits outside of the normal school?
It would be an 'experience,' wouldn't it? - Like what Ian says; "....there's really nothing like it!"
.....imagine...History & Math together? What kind of weird combination is THAT?
Lots of students try Co-op or E-Learning, but there's really nothing like the Digital Historian Project (DHP) which is a full "EXPERIENTIAL LEARNING" Program....only offered to Grade 11 students in the Upper Grand.
- 12 weeks of the semester the DHP is at the Dufferin County Museum (www.dufferinmuseum.com)
- 7 weeks of the semester, we are at ODSS in Rm 608.
- the DHP operates on an entirely digital platform, where all your coursework & lessons are available
- Graduating from the DHP in second semester of Gr. 11, you will have earned 3 Grade 12 "U" Level credits
- you get to do Gr 12 Math & History together in a way that is totally different from regular school
- you get to meet 17-20 new incredible friends from all 3 schools in Dufferin - Westside / Centre Dufferin / ODSS
- we go on awesome Field Trips & have excellent Guest speakers always dropping-by
AND....sometimes we go to Europe!
Check-out what some Grads have said about their DHP experience: