the dhp for students
What would it be like to do a full semester of academic credits outside of the normal school?
It would be an 'experience,' wouldn't it? - Like what Ian says; "....there's really nothing like it!"
Lots of students try Co-op or E-Learning, but there's really nothing like the Digital Historian Project (DHP) which is a full "EXPERIENTIAL LEARNING" Program....only offered to Grade 11 students in the Upper Grand.
- For a large part of the semester we are learning at the Dufferin County Museum and Archives (www.dufferinmuseum.com)
- For the rest of the semester, we are at ODSS in Rm 606.
- the DHP operates on an entirely digital platform, where all your coursework & lessons are available
- Graduating from the DHP in second semester of Gr. 11, you will have earned a Grade 12 "U" Level credit
- you get to meet 17-20 new incredible friends from all 3 schools in Dufferin - Westside / Centre Dufferin / ODSS
- we go on awesome Field Trips & have excellent Guest speakers always dropping by
AND....sometimes we go to Europe!
You can read what some of our grads have said about the program by checking out the blog on this website. Or you check out what some earlier Grads have said about their DHP experience at the link below: